Boiled lobster is one of the simple ways to prepare a delicious dish but still does not lose its delicious and attractive flavor. We recommend you to try this way if you like to keep the natural and fresh flavor of your lobster.
- A live, fresh Lobster from Lobsterbox. We help you choose the best one and ship to your door. You can let us know which day is your cooking day, we will arrange the shipment according to make sure the Lobster is alive and at its freshest condition. A fresh or alive Lobster contribute significantly to the final taste after cooking.
- Fresh lemons and necessary seasonings such as salt, pepper,… to make the sauce (optional).
- A steamer pot. Choose the steamer pot that is easy to fit the number of lobsters you are ordering. If your pot is small, you can boil each lobster separately.
A fresh or alive Lobster contribute significantly to the final taste after cooking.
- Rinse the lobsters under the spray to wash away the sand remaining in them.
- Pour in enough water in the pot to cover the lobsters. Add lemon juice (optional), salt, and bring to boil.
- Then, put the lobster in, cover with water and cook for 20 minutes. At this time, both meat and crab bricks are cooked evenly.
- Place boiled lobsters in cool water or let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Present the lobsters to a plate, arrange the vegetables on the side plate and enjoy with the sauce you like. Enjoy your meal!
Note: There is a lot of water in the shell and tail when you boil lobsters. Use a knife to stab the body and tail to help drain the water, avoid your lobster becoming too soft and mushy.
Steaming time for live lobster depends on the weight:
|Lobster Weight||Boiling time|
|1 lb. Lobster||5-6 minutes|
|1 ¼ pound||7-8 minutes|
|1-1/2 lb.||8-9 minutes|
|2 lb. lobster||10-12 minutes|
|3 lb. lobster||12-14 minutes|
|5-6 lb. lobster|