Steamed lobster is a way to keep the nutritional value of lobsters. After steaming lobsters, the chef can still retain lobsters’ sweetness, aroma, and moderate tenderness. Before taking action, let’s take a look at this video here.
- A live, fresh Lobster from Lobsterbox. We help you choose the best one and ship to your door. You can let us know which day is your cooking day, we will arrange the shipment according to make sure the Lobster is alive and at its freshest condition. A fresh or alive Lobster contribute significantly to the final taste after cooking.
- A steamer pot. Choose the steamer pot that is easy to fit the number of lobsters you are ordering. If your pot is small, you can steam each lobster separately.
A fresh or alive Lobster contribute significantly to the final taste after cooking.
1. After getting live lobsters, use a scrubbing brush to remove dirt on the shell, then rinse with water.
2. Put the water in a steamer pot, boil the water, then put the lobster in and close the lid.
3. For the first pound, steam lobster for 7-9 minutes. Add 4 minutes for each additional pound.
4. After the lobsters are cooked, leave five minutes to cool, then put them on a plate and enjoy with your family.
Steaming time for live lobster depends on the weight:
|Lobster Weight||Steam time|
|1.0 lb. Lobster||7-9 minutes|
|1.25 pound||9-11 minutes|
|1.50 lb.||11-12 minutes|
|2-3 lb. lobster||12-14 minutes|
|5 lb.||22-24 minutes|